File Under: I Love My People

The Mischievous Boys. Here. Here. Here.

UPDATE: I accidently came across the above when a Madonna-obsessive friend sent me here. Since then, I've learned that The Mischievious Boys are a bit of a fledging internet juggernaut. They have a website, a group blog, a fan club, a Yahoo discussion group, an apparel sponsor, and a brand new video: here.

I'm not sure what exactly, if anything, it says about pop culture when a group of shirtless gay boys can gain a little internet notoriety by posting videos of themselves lipsyncing to the dance versions of hit singles by female vocalists, but I do know this: I don't hate it. And that makes me feel surprisingly good, because an old curdmudgeon like me normally would.

When I played a couple Mischievious Boys clips for my female coworkers, they all squealed in delight and immediately began picking out their favorite group members. Funny thing, I had to admit that I had one too. Somebody call the Dirty Old Man police.

Blog Archive