It's About The Trust

The 3 Train, Thursday, Noon

Two guys in suits, carrying briefcases and legal files, are chatting loudly.

Young Businessman 1: So anyway, it's the same shit every night. The minute I get home and log in...BAM! She's all up in my face, "Where have you been? What have you been up to?"

Young Businessman 2: What, so she's just waiting online every night to make sure you are coming home on time? Dude, you need to tell her to save that shit for after you guys are married.

YB1: I keep telling her that if we're ever going to make it, she has to learn to trust me. Sometimes I have to work late or I want to go to the gym. But she just sits there in her office in Seattle, waiting for me to get online to see what time I get home. Sometimes I log in under a name she doesn't know and I just watch her log in, log out, log in, log out.

YB2: Why does she keep logging in and out?

YB1: I don't know, dude. I guess she doesn't want it to seem like she's always sitting there to check up on me, but I see what she's doing. How is it gonna work when we're all married and shit and I can't get her to trust me? I mean, I love her and all that, but daaamn dude, she is watching me like a hawk! For me, dude? It's got to be about the trust.

YB2: That sucks, man. You need to straighten that shit out before the wedding. Hey, you coming to Nobu with us after the presentation?

YB1: Can't dude. I gotta make a booty call later, over in Hoboken.

YB2: In Hoboken? Last week you said you quit banging that bitch?

YB1: I did. This is her cousin.

YB2: Sweeeeeet!

The men high-five, and we all disembark at Times Square.

.

Blog Archive