Ten Quick Facts



1. I was born and raised in rural North Carolina. Yes, I'm as country as they come, although you can rarely hear my accent anymore. (OK, maybe after a dozen beers or so,

the 'y'alls' come out).



2. I have never had a cup of coffee, a cup of tea,a glass of wine, a cigarette, or a cigar. There is no philosophy or moral code behind my abstention. Just don't care for their aromas.



3. I'd rather plunge hot burning forks into my eyes than listen to classical music.



4. I have never been arrested.



5. While living in Florida, I was involved in 3 car accidents resulting in my vehicle being totaled. In all 3 cases, the other driver was charged. In all 3 cases, the other driver was French-Canadian. Draw your own conclusions.



6. In 1995, I was mugged at gunpoint in the Castro. In 1999, on the same block, again I was mugged at gunpoint in the Castro.



7. On August 14, 2002, a limo pulled up next to me on W.40th Street in Manhattan. The window rolled down and Michael Jackson extended his arm to point at me. I'm still troubled by the meaning of this.



8. My baby niece has 4 uncles. We are all gay. So right now we're thinking 'art school'. Or the WNBA.



9. I've had the same haircut for about 43 years.



10. My cooking skills can be summed up in 3 words: 'Vent With Fork'.





Blog Archive