Starbucks...troops not coming home, according to staff!



I zipped into Starbucks tonight to grab one of my favorite snacks - the breakfast sandwhich - which I am fast-becoming addicted to. Built with peppercorn bacon, very tasty!

One of the service helpers asked the elegant woman in line in front of me if she would like to buy coffee for the troops. Under their new promotion, if a customer buys 6 lbs. for the men in the trenches, he or she gets 1 lb. of java free.

"Do they actually get the coffee," she chided the starbuck's server.

Yup, the young gal nodded in the affirmative.

The woman was a curious one, though. She probed further, "Do they have coffee grinders, too?"

"Oh yes," the fast-talking saleslady responded, quick on the uptake.

"We send 'em everything."

The woman turned and gave me a disbelieving look.

My turn.

When she asked me to make a contribution, I teased her a little.

"I thought the troops were comin' home?"

"No," she replied matter of fact. "They'll be over there for a while."

Huh?

Does Starbucks have an inside scoop on things?

Do tell, Jim Donald, we're all ears.


Blog Archive