Friends In High Places

Last night I saw Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire in a screening room in the south tower of the Time-Warner Center, thanks to my buddy Captain Steve, whose husband is a some kind of major player in the entertainment biz.

As longtime readers may know, I'm not a big fan of movies about magic and mythical creatures, so the main reason I tagged along with Captain Steve, aside from his charming handsome company, was to see the screening room itself. But surprising myself, I really enjoyed the movie, far more than the previous three installments.

I should mention that the PG-13 rating is very well earned. There were a few kids under 10 years old at the screening, and I bet those kids don't sleep until March, after seeing gory transformations, lots of blood, and freakish attacking creatures. There's a bunch of new characters in this episode, but I was most amused by the David Beckham-esque TriWizard champion, Viktor Krum.

And I still can't believe they killed Hermione.

.

Blog Archive