Stop The Presses!

Yesterday, like an excited lottery winner, nervously yet ecstatically checking the numbers on his ticket, I looked at the paper with unbelieving eyes. I checked, then I checked again. Is it possible? Could it be real? Did I? Finally? For ONCE?

Yes. Yes, I did.

I voted a completely winning ticket in Tuesday's election. Every single one of my choices went on to win. I'm stunned, completely stunned. I don't have a very good track record of siding with winners (Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, Kerry....etc.). And while this was only a local election, I'm still inordinately pleased with batting 1.000 in 2005.

And.....AND...the guy whom I most wanted to lose, the guy who I couldn't even vote against because I live in District 5 and he was running in District 4, that Uncle Tom's Cabin Republican guy...HE LOST. Another gay Republican bit the dust!

I really should get a webcam so y'all could have seen my happy dance yesterday.

.

Blog Archive