Don Johnson...dines alfresco, a little worse for wear.


I know I shouldn't have - the old waistline will be feelin' it tomorrow - but I took a break from a bit of editing and headed over to Rite-Aid for a regular single scoop of Cookies 'n Cream.

Ah, delicious.

On the way back home, instead of turning off on a side street to avoid the madding crowd, I strolled straight up Canon Drive amid the lunch-hour throngs.

Well now, who did I spy dining alfresco at the corner at one of the trendiest in-spots to be gandered at?

Don Johnson.

Gosh, anyone could have just bent over and given him a peck on the cheek!

But, I have to admit, the TIN CUP star was a little worse for wear; tired, and haggard-looking.

Didn't catch a soul scrambling for his John Henry.

Frankly, if I were so out-of-shape - physically down-in-the-dumps - I'd at least don a pair of sunglasses to hide a little of the baggage under those precious peepers.

No pun intended.

Or, is he casting about for a character role?

The image is a far cry from the glitz and glamour of Miami Vice days.

Poor slip-sliding shooting star.

Guess the one-time heart throb was inclined to bask in the glow of a bit of the fleeting fame he has left. But, few appeared impressed by the sight of his cute chops at the popular upscale eatery.

In contrast, I got a ton of attention. Why?

By sheer accident, I ended up straggling down the street a hair's breath behind a young beauty with kno**ers out to there!

So, natch, all the wolves on the prowl - sittin' pretty all in a row 'round their elegant tables dressed to the nines in their pricey Ermenegildo Zegna designer suits - were inclined to stare "our" way.

Funny, that.

It wasn't until I brought it to the young gal's attention (she was on the way to the dentist) that she was aware of the stir she was causing.

Yup, that's the secret.

Don't possess a care in the world, or scheme for a show of things, and all eyes will focus on 'ya.

Maybe it has somethin' to do with the energy one exudes when they're innocent and carefree and - without motive - of course!

Maybe, the "me" generation is fading fast into oblivion, do 'ya think?



In heady days, Don was known for his "Johnson"...

Blog Archive