Gas Pump theft...scandal brewing at local stations?


As I watched a couple of quirky teenagers trek up to the pump with gas tank in hand, sweating under the sweltering mid-day sun, I counted my blessings.

After all, one of the premier features on my vehicle is a nifty digital read-out which keeps track of fuel consumption.

Yeah, at a time when folks are pinching pennies for gas, and hazarding a guess as to when they may "run on empty" on the freeway, I have only to tap a button on the dash to determine how many miles to travel before I skid to a halt, my thirsty vehicle sputtering for precious fuel.

But, I have noticed a disturbing turns of events in the past week or two.

After fueling at a couple of stations over the course of a week, the fuel gauge has reflected a level inconsistent with the cash I've dolled out at the local pump.

One morning, when the figures appeared to be particularly low, I seriously considered the possibility that in the dead of night, some sneaky gas thieves had siphoned off gas.

But, it also occurred to me that gas station owners may be fudging at the pumps.

Is the fuel being watered down, perhaps?

On the heels of this observation, I picked up on another curious trend.

After pumping, and returning the nozzle to its resting place, it's been my experience that the pumps are holding back on issuing receipts!

At a time when prices are fluctuating from $3.59 to $3.72 a gallon for regular, I seriously have to consider the possibility that the pump boys are withholding the tabulations - maybe cooking the books, at our expense?

Ya know, I have a nose for this kind of thing.

I just betcha, there's a nasty scandal brewing on the horizon.

Mark my words!

Pumping in futuristic style...

Blog Archive