Celebrities stalk blogger gossips!






Yesterday was a carefree day...


As I zipped along Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood, a snazzy white Humvee (cool, dudes!) cruised up next to me in bumper-to-bumper rush-hour traffic.

Yeah, a lot of toy-boys in the neighborhood were dashing home to toss off sweaty work uniforms and head out for the cocktail hour!

As I casually glanced over at the vehicle in the next lane, I almost did a double-take. There, ensconced comfortably in the passenger side of the luxury military-style roadster, was a well-known actress (some might argue about that label). And, the stunning beauty (who I have written about in these environs) was staring right back at me with those luminous penetrating eyes!

I grinned. I tend to do that around gorgeous, classy babes!

Suddenly, she turned to the driver - and in a whisper just loud enough that I could hear over the din of the humming engines on the busy street - heard her gush to her companion,

"Do you know who that is?"

They engaged in a hush-hush bit of chit-chat for a sec, then - without warning - the blacked-out window at the rear of the passenger side slowly crept down as the driver jockeyed for a position inside to get a gander at me.

Whoa Nellie!

As the traffic inched forward a bit, I stepped on the gas and cruised up a tad; but, they slowed and - from a respectful distance behind me - continued with their animated conversation as they kept their eyes glued on my SUV ahead.

Ah, the beauty of well-positioned rear-view mirrors!

Imagine that, being stalked by celebrities! But, not for long!

When they were distracted for a sec, I quickly turned down a side street and left them in a cloud of dust.

Ciao, baby!

C. Wright Mills once wrote,

In the world of the celebrity, the hierarchy of publicity has replaced the hierarchy of descent and even of great wealth.”









Life in the abstract?

Blog Archive